Nothing says summer like juicy watermelon and we love this twist on a classic mojito!
Recipe and Photos from Vintage Mixer
- 30 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
- 3 to 4 thick slices fresh watermelon
- 12 ounces light rum, such as Bacardi
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- Sprigs of mint and spears of watermelon, for serving
1.Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves. Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. Put the fruit into a food processor fitted with the steel blade and puree. Put the mashed mint into a large pitcher with 2 cups of pureed watermelon, the rum, simple syrup, and lime juice and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a pitcher for serving.
2.Place ice cubes in 6 glasses and pour the mojito mixture into the glasses. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and spears of watermelon. Serve ice cold.