Ice cold lemonade and summer go hand in hand. Even better is spiked lemonade in the form of a mojito! This drink would be perfect for a summer wedding served outdoors before the ceremony while waiting for the bride to walk down the aisle. Sweet, tart and simply refreshing!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 large lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 6 large strawberries (very ripe)
- 20 mint leaves
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces Mint-Infused Simple Syrup
- 6 ounces white or gold rum
- 8 ounces seltzer
- To prepare simple syrup: Combine water and sugar in a small pot. Set pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar dissolves and then remove from heat. Add mint and allow to steep until syrup has cooled. Strain and discard mint leaves. You will have leftover simple syrup after making mojitos and can store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- To prepare mojitos: In a large pitcher or deep bowl, use a wooden spoon to crush and muddle lemon wedges, strawberries, and mint leaves. Add fresh lemon juice, (4 ounces) mint simple syrup, rum, seltzer, and 1 cup ice. Stir vigorously before pouring through a strainer into a clean pitcher. Divide mojito mixture between four glasses filled with crushed ice (or regular ice cubes). Garnish glasses with lemon slices, whole strawberries and mint springs.
Recipe ~ Five Heart Home