This Sparkling Ginger Lemon Mocktail from Snixy Kitchen combines ginger root, freshly squeezed lemons and seltzer water for a refreshing non-alcoholic drink guaranteed to quench your guests’ thirst both young and old. Sounds like a yummy combo for sure. Cheers!
Sparkling Ginger Lemon Mocktail
• 3 inches of fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced into coins
• ¾ cup sugar, plus extra for tossing the ginger and rimming the cup
• 1½ cups water
• ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 4-6 lemons)
• Seltzer water to fill the glasses (about 3 cups)
• Slice the ginger root coins into slivers.
• Heat the sugar, water, and ginger slivers over medium high heat, stirring until the sugar melts. Let boil for about 20 minutes, until the syrup begins to thicken. Remove from heat, strain the ginger slivers out, let cool.
• Lay the ginger slivers on a baking sheet to cool. After about 5 minutes, toss with about a tablespoon of sugar. Let cool.
• Wet the edge of each wine glass and dip it in sugar to coat the rim.
• Divide the cooled ginger syrup between four glasses. Divide the lemon juice between the four glasses. Fill each glass with seltzer water.
• Garnish with a piece of candied ginger. Stir before serving.