Here’s another tasty looking drink from Snixy Kitchen … Sparkling Asian Pear and Mint Iced Tea. We love this twist on traditional mint iced tea that adds puréed asian pears and of course simple syrup. Add a sprig of mint and some thinly sliced pears for garnish and voilá! … you’ve got yourself a fancy schmancy iced tea that your guests would love to sip.
Sparkling Asian Pear and Mint Iced Tea
For the Iced Tea
• 6 black tea bags
• 24 ounces boiling water
• 3-4 large Asian Pears, peeled and cored
• 24 mint leaves
• 8 ounces of simple syrup (recipe below)
• 18 ounces sparkling water
For the simple syrup
• ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
• ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
• Steep 6 tea bags in 24 ounces of boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and refrigerate the tea to chill.
• Prepare the simple syrup. Boil equal parts water want sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and refrigerate the simple syrup.
• Purée the pears until smooth in a blender or food processor. To remove any chunks, squeeze the puréed pears through a cheese cloth or press through a fine metal sieve.
• Pour the pear purée into a pitcher and muddle the mint leaves with the pear purée.
• Stir the chilled black tea and simple syrup into the pear purée and return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
• Just before serving, stir in 18 ounces of sparkling water and serve over ice.