Using fresh ingredients in your cocktail equals pure deliciousness. Basil and cucumber paired with gin makes for a refreshing and unique drink for a warm summer night. Give it a try ~ you won’t be disappointed.
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 basil leaves
- ½ tbsp sugar (or ½ tbsp of simple syrup)
- 1 ounce gin
- lime juice to taste
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ cup tonic water
- Roll two basil leaves together, slicing them into smaller pieces.
- Add sugar (or simple syrup) to glass, along with 1 ounce of gin, stirring until dissolved.
- Add two cucumber slices and two sliced basil leaves, muddle 5-10 times.
- Add lime juice to taste, about a tsp or so.
- Add ½ cup crushed ice and ½ cup tonic water.
- Make a cut halfway through your last cucumber slice, placing it in the rim of the glass along with a basil leaf for garnish.
Recipe ~ BS’ in the Kitchen