How pretty are these glasses of bubbly with strawberries? This would be the perfect drink to toast the bride and groom! The strawberries inside the glasses are actually strawberry and champagne ice cubes which are frozen for 4 to 6 hours. Once solid enough to remove from ice cube trays, champagne or sparkling wine can be poured on top of the cubes. Besides being pretty, they help keep the drinks cold without watering them down and also add a touch of strawberry flavor and color. Recipe & photographs from Laylita.com
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Ice cube molds or trays
- Fill the ice cube trays with the sliced strawberries
- Carefully pour the Champagne over the fruit into the trays
- Freeze for about 4-6 hours or until solid enough to remove. The Champagne cubes will not freeze the way water would but will be solid enough to remove and use in drinks.
- Place cubes in glass and add Champagne.