We love the vibrant color of this cocktail and it sounds delicious too! Generally made with muddled blackberries, gin, lemon juice and soda or ginger beer, this cocktail is perfect for a summer wedding when berries are ripe for the picking!
Recipe and Photos from Feasting at Home
- ½ C fresh blackberries
- 2 Ounces Dry Gin
- 1 Ounce Blackberry Liquor ( optional)
- 1 Ounce simple syrup or maple or agave
- 1½ Ounce fresh lemon juice
- Ginger Brew or Soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries with gin, blackberry liquor ( optional) lemon juice, simple syrup or agave, until broken up and they release their juice.
- Double strain, using a fine mesh strainer, to remove seeds.
Fill 3-4 rocks glasses with ice. Divide blackberry -gin mix among the glasses, and top with soda or ginger brew. Garnish with a blackberry and lemon zest.