‘Tis the season for hot cocoa bars! And what goes better with hot cocoa than marshmallows decorated to look like snowmen! We dare you not to smile with one of these cuties floating in your drink! These snowmen are made from homemade marshmallows, recipe below, but you can cheat and use store bought. See bottom of post for link.
Recipe ~ i am a food blog
Mint Snowman Marshmallow Recipe
- vegetable oil for brushing the pan
- 1 tablespoon gelatin ( one envelope)
- 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- powdered sugar
- orange candy melts, as needed
- chocolate, as needed
- Oil a 9″ square pan or glass baking dish with non-stick spray and lightly dust with powdered sugar. In a small bowl, soak the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Set aside. Place the remaining 1/4 cup of water and sugar in a pot and stir to dissolve over medium heat. Add the gelatin and bring to a hard boil, without stirring, for one minute or until it reaches 240 degrees F. Carefully remove from the heat and pour in to a bowl of an electric mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the salt and peppermint extract.
- Beat with the whisk attachment of the electric mixer on low for 2 minutes then increase to high until soft and doubled in volume, about 10 to 15 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Cool in the pan uncovered, until firm, minimum three hours. Lightly dust the top with sifted powdered sugar.
- Use a small round cookie cutter to cut out the snowmen heads. Dust with powdered sugar and pipe on eyes, mouths and noses with melted chocolate and melted orange melts.
- Toss a few in your hot cocoa and smile!
Recipe for store bought snowman marshmallows