Having a destination wedding in the U.S. Virgin Islands is a dream come true! Revisit your dream-wedding day again and again with photography that captures the beauty of the USVI’s awe-inspiring surroundings as well as the love you have for your (soon-to-be!) spouse. Here are our top 5 Must-Take Photos for a destination wedding in the USVI:
- Historical Beauty! Ask your photographer to take advantage of the many gorgeous historical landmarks the USVI has to offer and use them as backdrops or props. This picturesque fountain is located at St. Croix’s The Buccaneer, which was first constructed in 1653. Click here for more information about this amazing resort.
- By the Water. Bordered by both the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea, it’s impossible to escape the water in the U. S. Virgin Islands. And why would you want to? Wedding photography in or near water is always lovely.
- Seated, Displaying Your Dress. Imagine an official royal wedding portrait of a princess proudly seated with her gown spread out, showing off every beautiful detail. Or, for something a bit more casual, lean against a couch or a set of stairs like these at the Sugar Mill at The Buccaneer.
- From the Back. Today’s wedding dress trends ensure that the back of your dress will be just as breathtaking as the front. Use the USVI’s nature as the backdrop to show off the back of your dress, like this couple at the Estate Belvedere in St. Croix.
- Sunset. You can’t beat the lighting at this magical time of day! Romantic sunset photography is flattering, sensual and not to be missed – you’ll regret not taking this shot! Use this beautiful photo at Mermaid Beach at The Buccaneer as inspiration.
For even more information about the United States Virgin Islands, visit VisitUSVI.com.